I suggest you ...

Offline Deck Testing

While perhaps difficult to implement, having offline deck testing capabilitiy - perhaps by allowing the user to play a deck idea against a computer opponent using a pre-built (with possible options for tournament-winning decks, particular color/theme decks, etc.) - before actually trying to play the deck live would be a phenomenal feature in my opinion.

135 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GHosaPhatGHosaPhat shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    gaddlordAdmingaddlord (Admin, PalmROOT, Inc.) responded  · 

And it will be an phenomenal effort to achieve that as well. The only onces that have manged to make a fully blown AI support for a limited number of sets are Microprose with their Shandalar: Duels of the Planeswalkers. Even they can not make an AI for all sets.

What is feasible is to make a solitaire play when you take first the turn of player A and the the turn of player B.

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gaddlordAdmingaddlord (Admin, PalmROOT, Inc.) commented  · 

Online Play (aka Multiplayer) is something we definetely not going to do soon due to some copyright and pattents constrainst. Offlice deck testing though may be possible in the future.

• Thallid ShooterThallid Shooter commented  · 

Or an "online game" where you can play against a friend with a virtual deck.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I'd just stick with coding Studio and not risk the legal battle from WOTC. There are already enough programs out there that already do this fairly well. Try OnlinePlayTable, Cockatrice, or Magic Workstation.

I'd just stick with coding Studio and not risk the legal battle from WOTC. There are already enough programs out there that already do this fairly well. Try OnlinePlayTable, Cockatrice, or Magic Workstation.

• danielcristiandanielcristian commented  · 

It would be nice to have an interface where you can take a hand, tap and untap a card, and imagine what is happening, maybe with manual mana, life, destroy effects and no more.

Oh, gaddlord, you've already made my point, my mistake. But I think you make a good point none the less.

Not even necessarily against a computer, just being able to play test your deck by yourself to check the speed and over all fun of the deck are essential to deck building. Sure the Ai opponent would be great, but I think a solitaire situation, or the ability to play your own decks is a much simpler sollution, and much more like what magic players actually do to test their new decks.
        THough honestly with the statistics engine on this sick program, and some good math skill, play testing may be practically unnecessary; but inevitably more fun.

• SpeakenderSpeakender commented  · 

Solitaire play, where I can just play my deck with no opponent or even IP play against a human opponent would work as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base